Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Medicinal Herbal walk





This last Saturday I went up to Cannon Falls Minnesota and went on a Medicinal herbal walk , to Identify plants for healing we can use everyday. We wild crafted herbs to make tincutures and supplements to use for our families and ourselves. I made motherwort tincture from REAL motherwort I found. Also we found yellow dock to make a liquid supplement somewhat like floridix iron+herbs.




wild ginger above bloodroot below











Picking nettles to use for tea and pulling out the dehydrator is so satisfying. I’m always whining about how expensive natural health is and it makes it unattainable for most people and this really put some power in my own hands. I took a bunch of pictures and I'm going to make a little "field guide" for the kids and we can go out and search for plants together and make things.





























Mullien





The woman who taught the class here is her website








No comments: