Friday, May 13, 2011




Last year I did the week of June 9-15, I only did one that week. You draw the sounds and flight of the birds around you. And I was very touched by this verse and the painting with it. I wrote a small piece

Star shaped birds, showing us god as we walk by. Star shaped flight, showing us what’s in store before the night. Star shaped songs; fill my ears from dawn to night. Star shaped humans showing us the way to secrets we’ve never known before.

This year I am trying to write something that I feel is connected somehow to the verse and the painting or the plant of tree I see. Some feel almost like an “easy reader of calendar of the soul.” My teacher for “How to Know Higher Worlds” And “Intuitive Thinking as a Spiritual Path” confirmed something for me that I had been thinking about for awhile. It seems a lot of these verses make more sense read backwards. Did you know some of them are flipped from season to season? Who knew, if the words don’t resonate read it backwards!


The first time I have started from the beginning of the book! April 7-13 the picture of the tree I drew and the three with ochre, green, blue and browns go together. Also I wrote

You may see and ordinary everyday tree. Center of the earth, fire pictures still in front of me. Reaching flames of the arms of the raspberries. Innocent flickers of a young tree, you do not fool me. Layers and branches and flames on those ordinary everyday trees.




The next week would be April 14-20th

The “tulips” are the drawings. It’s so interesting when you lie in the grass and stare
at a simple unnoticed tulip you see things you never saw before. After the first day of this my husband and I were walking down the street and he said “I hate tulips they are such a waste on flower then you just have a mess of leaves in the yard for the year.” I was upset; I looked at those stupid wastes of space tulips and feel in love that afternoon! I wrote…

Red edge or should I say lining so faint and beautiful how did I not see you before? Pretty as the flower you will soon host only for a moment but your forever. Nestled near the lily of the valley in late spring sitting calmly in the shade all summer edged in red, the dawn early hours.

The week of April 28-May 4th
I only did one that week the small one is from this year the other two are from last year.

The writing from that week


Some times I start seeing a different end, trying to lay the future foundations. This solid thought out path pulled a different way. The bonding of the human being to the world. Secretly I know what to come, to secret to share with the flesh and bone. So it giggles watching my silly plans and watching the heart in pain. It knows when it starts and when it ends. Pulling me back time and time again.




One more from this last week The big picture in the middle is from last year and the others are from this years postcard project. I am not an artist of this nature but I really like doing this.

1 comment:

fairoaks said...

I enjoyed reading "Intuitive Thinking as a Spiritual Path Living". It (Philosophy of Freedom) lives at the core of all of Rudolf Steiner's work. It is not easy to read though. A new online “Philosophy Of Freedom Study Course” is available at http://www.philosophyoffreedom.com. Its free and includes videos, illustrations, observation exercises and diagrams to help study the book. In this book Rudolf Steiner gives his principles of free thinking and morality. It empowers one's life through deepening scientific inquiry and living according to one's highest ideals.